Welcome to Counseling!
The Mission of the New-Hope Solebury School District is to meet students where they are and guide them to the acquisition of the knowledge, skills, and habits they will need to function in a productive and fulfilling manner in their increasingly complex world.
The Counseling Program contributes to the implementation of this mission by addressing the academic, career, and personal/social development of each student through a comprehensive and developmental program of services.
The Counselor works in collaboration with administration, faculty, parents, and the community to build a scaffolding of knowledge and skills that will provide high academic performance, effective decision making, and positive self esteem that will continue throughout the life span.
To achieve these goals, the counselor:
- Works with students individually, in small groups, and in the classroom
- Is a member of the Comprehensive Support Team
- Orients new families to our school and community
- Supports students with behavior concerns
- Develops and monitors 504 Service Agreements
- Participates in the identification process for gifted students
- Facilitates the transition of students from 2nd to 3rd grade
- Is an IEP team member for learning support and gifted students
- Provides support to parents regarding the developmental needs of students
- Supports student character education
- Facilitates, along with the School Nurse, Red Ribbon Week activities
The Counselor is available by phone or email to discuss concerns or arrange a meeting, if requested.