Welcome to the UES Counseling OfficeMr. Marcus Smith LPC, NCCEmail:email@example.comPhone: 215-862-8026 ext# 1207The Mission of the New-Hope Solebury School District is to meet students where they are and guide them to the acquisition of the knowledge, skills, and habits they will need to function in a productive and fulfilling manner in their increasingly complex world.
The Counseling Program contributes to the implementation of this mission by addressing the academic, career, and personal/social development of each student through a comprehensive and developmental program of services.
The Counselor works in collaboration with administration, faculty, parents, and the community to build a scaffolding of knowledge and skills that will provide high academic performance, effective decision making, and positive self esteem that will continue throughout the life span.To achieve these goals, the counselor:
- Works with students individually, in small groups, and in the classroom
- Is also a member of the Comprehensive Support Team
- Orients new families to our school and community
- Supports students with behavior concerns
- Develops and monitors 504 Service Agreements
- Participates in the identification process for gifted students
- Facilitates the transition of students from 2nd to 3rd grade and from 5th to 6th Grade
- Is an IEP team member for learning support and gifted students
- Provides support to parents regarding the developmental needs of students
- Supports student character education
- Facilitates, along with the School Nurse, Red Ribbon Week activities
- College and Career Planning
- Facilitates No Place For Hate Program
The Counselor is available by phone or email to discuss concerns or arrange a meeting, if requested.
Click here for a list of Valuable Parenting and Home Resources