Chaperone ClearancesAll chaperones are required to complete the following mandatory clearances. All clearances must be dated within one year of submission. All clearances are valid for 60 (sixty) months.
- Act 34 Criminal History Request: Print and retain your receipt containing the control number (e.g.: R12345678).
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance: You will receive a confirmation and will be able to view the status at any time. You will receive a letter, mailed to the address you provided. We will need to see the original letter, and will retain a copy in your personnel file.
- Act 114 FBI Fingerprints: The cost of the FBI Fingerprints is $27, payable via credit card online or by money order at the fingerprinting site. You must register through the Department of Education on the Cogent website prior to visiting a fingerprinting location. Your registration number must begin with the letters “PAE.” *It is encouraged that you make an appointment to have your prints done at any fingerprinting location.
- We DO NOT accept the affirmation in place of fingerprints.
- Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification: PDE Form 6004 to be completed by prospective chaperone.