All volunteers in Pennsylvania School Districts are required to complete the following paperwork prior to beginning volunteering
All clearances are valid for 60 (sixty) months.
In order to begin employment in any Pennsylvania Public School, all employees are required to complete the following mandatory clearances. All clearances must be dated within one year of hire date.
- Act 34 Criminal History Request: The cost of the Criminal History Request is $8, payable via credit card and results are generally available immediately. Print and retain your receipt containing the control number (e.g.: R12345678). Please note that the reason for this request MUST be Employment.
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance: The cost of the Child Abuse Clearance is $8, payable via credit card. You will receive a confirmation and will be able to view the status at any time. You will receive a letter, mailed to the address you provided. We will need to see the original letter, and will retain a copy in your personnel file.
- Act 114 FBI Fingerprint: The cost of the FBI Fingerprint Clearance is $22.60. Enter your service code (1KG6XN for District Employment, 1KG6Y3 for District Volunteering). Complete registration process, then select a location and appointment time. Print the pre-enrollment form to take to your appointment with a check, money order or credit card.
- School Personnel Health Record: TB Test and Physical to be completed by a physician.
- Volunteers who are in the schools more than 10 hours/week must have PPD (TB) Documentation.
- Act 24 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification: PDE Form 6004 to be completed by prospective employee.