New Hope-Solebury High School
Miss Sarah O’Hara
The gifted education program at New Hope-Solebury High School is based on a goal oriented and student centered curriculum. Students will develop their own goals that will be unique to their own career and/or academic interests. I will work with each student to develop a plan to meet individual goals and provide support and enrichment activities that will benefit him/her in achieving goals throughout the school year.
Voices and Choices:
- Independent Study
- To be determined by the individual student based on his/her interests
- Mentor - Students will be connected with teacher mentor in area of curricular expertise
- Extension/Compacting Project
- Students are sharing a class they have a particular interest in with me. Based on the interest level and academic demands of the class, the student and I can develop an extension project for a specific topic in their preferred course.
- 52 Small Changes for the Mind
- Students will be required to complete 5-7 week long “Challenges” over the course of the school year.
- They will follow along with the lesson and objectives provided in their Google Classroom (by grade level)
- Students must provide the assigned documentation to be credited for the “challenge”
-Mock Trial- Run internally in classes
-TEDucation - during study hall/ couple times per month.