• Applying for Medical Assistance or CHIP

    The Bucks County Hub is a useful resource compiling information about various human service resources available in Bucks County. To apply for medical assistance or CHIP, you can apply in person, online, by telephone or you can download and mail a copy of the form.


    Apply for or renew your Medical Assistance benefits online by using COMPASS. COMPASS is the name of the website where you can apply for Medical Assistance and many other services that can help you make ends meet.

    Apply online at: www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/CMHOM.aspx


    Apply by telephone for Health Care Coverage by calling the Consumer Service Center for Health Care Coverage at 1.866.550.4355

    Or, you can also apply for Medical Assistance by contacting your local county assistance office:

    Bucks County Assistance Office

    1214 Veterans Highway, Bristol, PA 19007

    Phone: 215.781.3300 or 1.800.362.1291


    Download an application form to send to your county assistance office (above). If you need help completing the form, a county assistance office staff member can assist you. Use this link to apply for cash assistance, SNAP and Medical Assistance Benefits:


    If you have questions regarding eligibility for CHIP or MA, or need to access language line to complete your application, the following advocacy group is very helpful:

    Public Citizens for Youth and Children (PCCY): https://www.pccy.org/