The Mission of the New Hope-Solebury School District is to meet students where they are and guide them to the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and habits they will need to function in a productive and fulfilling manner in their increasingly complex world.
The counseling program contributes to the implementation of this mission by addressing the academic, career, and personal/social development of each student through a comprehensive and developmental program of services, consistent with the American School Counselor Association model. Counselors work in collaboration with administration, faculty, parents and the community to build a scaffolding of knowledge and skills that will promote high academic performance, effective decision making, and positive self-esteem that will continue throughout the lifespan.
- Every child deserves acceptance and respect.
- Positive relationships are vital to a student’s success.
- All students can learn and have a right to an education in a safe and positive school environment.
- School, home, students and community should collaborate (as a whole).
- Adults have the responsibility to aid in the development of the whole child.
- All students should be prepared to be lifelong learners and contributing members of society.