Grade Important Events & Dates
Community Service Project Thursday, June 9th
- Annual 8th Grade Walk-a-thon from 8-11:00AM at the track
- Walk-A-Thon intent to participate form & lunch orders due Wednesday, 5/18
- Walk-A-Thon student pledge sheets and funds raised due Tuesday, 6/7
Class “Now & Then” Project Completed by May 31st
- Completed in Art & Film; if you did not have Art & Film, please see Mrs. Ferber to complete during activity period
- Gather baby and current photos for your project; email photos to student Gmail or share in Google drive (or other photo share app)
Spirit Week June 6th - 10th
- Daily themes to earn points for BLUE/GOLD team; points will count for field day
Field Day Thursday, June 9th
- Blue & Gold competitions in the afternoon
Music Department Hershey Trip Friday, June 10th
Promotion Party “COLOR Me FRESHMAN” Saturday, June 11th from 7-10PM
- Carnival celebration from 7-9:00PM @ NHS in the courtyard area between the MS and HS
- COLOR Dance 9-10PM
- Purchase tickets during lunch between May 23th to 27th; $25 cash or checks payable to NHS Class of 2020
- Barbecue, dessert, carnival games, activities, & music
- Casual school appropriate attire please
Promotion Ceremony & Reception Monday, June 13th
- Promotion will be held Monday, June 13th @ 11:00AM; Reception to follow immediately
- 10:30AM school arrival for 8th grade students only; students may depart with guests upon the completion of the ceremony
8th Grade Class Breakfast & Awards Celebration Tuesday, June 14th
- Student breakfast and academic awards on Tuesday, June 14th @ 8:00AM
- Last day of school Enjoy the summer and good luck in high school!
Additional Promotion Information
Promotion will take place on Monday, June 13th at 11:00AM in the Stephen J. Buck Auditorium.
All students should arrive at the MS cafeteria at 10:30AM; promotion ceremony will begin at 11:00am and is expected to run until noon.
If a 10:30 arrival is not possible or convenient, students may take the morning bus as usual, and we will provide activities until promotion begins.
A reception is planned for guests and graduates from 12:00 to 1:00PM in the cafeteria.
Students may leave with their guests.
Boys should wear a shirt, tie, and dress pants or khakis. No jeans of any type, please!
Girls should wear dresses, skirts, or dress pants.
All students have been asked not to wear sneakers or flip flops.