LES Weekly Wrap
Here’s what’s happening this week at the Lower Elementary School…
- School is closed for Presidents’ Day weekend February 11-15. Students return to school February 16th. If you are traveling out of state, please be mindful of the guidelines in our Health and Safety Plan.
- Please disregard emails from Lifetouch regarding ordering school pictures. Guidelines in our health and safety plan are preventing us from having a picture day this year. Instead, we are encouraging parents to submit pictures of their students directly to our yearbook team. Please submit all yearbook photos to NHSDLESyearbook@gmail.com by March 1st. For more yearbook information, scroll down to the end of this email.
- Counseling Corner: Starting February 8th we will be participating in our annual Great Kindness Challenge! In-person and virtual students will receive a kindness checklist that lists 10 acts of kindness they can share with peers, teachers and family members. The goal is to complete the entire checklist. On Wednesday, our in-person students will bring home their checklists and are welcome to keep working on them over the long weekend. The checklists do not need to be returned to school. We hope our students also participate in the fun theme days associated with the first three days of the challenge. We encourage EVERYONE – even teachers and those at home – to participate in the theme days and acts of kindness! Have fun being extra-caring Littlest Lions this week!!
- Barring any additional emergency school closures, our last day of school will be a half day on June 16th. Please refer to the school calendar on the district website for any additional information.
- From the library – We appreciate parents’ help with their children’s library books during these changing times. Thank you for returning any overdue books you may have at home. There is a bin in the LES vestibule marked Library Books for your convenience.
- The LES student health screen must be completed by 8am every morning your child is in school.
- Masks are required on the bus and at school. We recommend keeping an extra mask in your child’s backpack in case theirs breaks or becomes soiled.
- We go outside several times throughout the day so please make sure your child is dressed for the weather. Be sure all items that come to school are labeled so if they are misplaced they will be returned to your child. A small lost and found is located in the LES vestibule.
- Please email your child’s teacher and LESattendance@nhsd.org if your child is going to be missing any part of a school day so that the absence will be excused. This applies to both our in-person and virtual students.
- If students are having problems with their Chrome books please submit a ticket to our IT dept at http://www.nhsd.org/helpdesk.
- Our front door is locked, but the new doorbell allows for easy admittance. At this time, visitors will be encouraged to stay in the vestibule to minimize nonessential people in the building.
- We assume students will go home on the bus unless we receive a note indicating car or after care. If your child will be a car rider, drop off is from 8:25 to 8:45 and pick up starts at 2:45. Please do not start lining up until 2:20.
- The YMCA’s before and after school program is accepting students. More information is available on this flyer and on their website: ymcabucks.org
- School Lunch Program:
The New Hope-Solebury School District Food Service Department serves FREE lunch to all students. Extra items like water, chips and cookies will be available for purchase. We use myschoolbucks.com to manage lunch accounts for our students.
Virtual students are also able to receive free meals. Meal distribution will be each Monday and Wednesday between the hours of 8-11am at the HS Theatre – 182 West Bridge St. Should a school holiday fall on a distribution day, we will adjust accordingly. If you have any questions, please reach out to Kim Keller, Food Service Director, email@example.com
- Nurses’ Notes:
- Hand wipes
- Band Aids
- Chapstick or Vaseline
- Hand lotion
- Fever and symptoms guidance flyer
- To minimize exposure in the nurses’ office and help with minor concerns, you may send your child to school with the following items:
- Our nurses would like to remind you that handwashing is key to staying healthy. Please see the links to a fact sheet and handwashing videos:
- School Community Information
- Science Explorers virtual after school program
- iRun4Life free app! From the company that brought us our iRun4Life school program, this free app helps children train and participate in running, yoga, healthy eating, etc. with friends!
- LES Yearbook: LES Yearbook: Parents, we need your help to include your child/children in the 2020-2021 LES yearbook. All photos can be easily emailed to NHSDLESyearbook@gmail.com. More information here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LMc5xoQC_TsnVhHmVS3ehBQSejwC8Flki-4mQnvcdA0/edit. All photos are due by March 1st.
- Pre-order your yearbook for $20:
Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or the school office if you have any questions. The LES office is open weekdays from 8-4. We can be reached at 215-297-5438 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our tech team is available at www.nhsd.org/helpdesk
Have a wonderful long weekend!