LES Weekly Wrap
The LES WEEKLY WRAP
Here’s what’s happening this week at the Lower Elementary School…
- We kindly request you complete a survey to help us understand your current intentions for your child’s instruction this fall. Please complete the survey on or before Friday, May 7. When you access the survey via the link below, you will find additional information regarding the instructional models our District plans to offer for the 2021-2022 school year. Thank you in advance for your prompt feedback. This information is critical for our instructional planning.
- As we begin our plans for the 2021-2022 school year at the Lower Elementary School, we recognize that a few families may be relocating to another school district. If you are aware you are moving out of our District prior to September 1, 2021, please indicate on this shared form and return no later than May 26, 2021. We will then send the District’s Withdrawal to you to complete in anticipation of the transfer of school records at the end of the school year.
- Pennies for Patients is calling all heroes to join our squad!
Families, starting May 10th, our school is taking on blood cancer and our mission is to help find a cure. The parent letter and spirit week flyer provide more information that will allow your child to participate in this rewarding event that emphasizes the importance of social and emotional learning and gain the experience of helping both children and adults in their fight against blood cancer. Download the app or check out the school link at LES Pennies for Patients and get started with online donations today!
- Kindergarten registration is open! Children must be 5 years old by September 1st to enroll in kindergarten. Please review the informational flyer and let us know if you have any questions. Forms are available on our website at: https://www.nhsd.org/domain/465 or can be picked up at the Lower Elementary School weekdays between 8-4.
- Our annual Kids’ Heart Challenge event is in full swing! It’s not too late for you to jump on board and register with the NH-S Elementary Schools at www.heart.org/jump. We are only $7,000 from our $25,000 goal! We appreciate your help! Please contact Mr. DiTulio with any questions.
- From the library – Thank you for returning any overdue books you may have at home. There is a bin in the LES vestibule marked Library Books for your convenience.
- If students are having problems with their Chrome books please submit a ticket to our IT dept at https://www.nhsd.org/Page/2200.
- Masks are required on the bus and at school. We recommend keeping an extra mask in your child’s backpack in case theirs breaks or becomes soiled.
- Please label all items that come to school so if they are misplaced they will be returned to your child. A small lost and found is located in the LES vestibule.
- Please email your child’s teacher and LESattendance@nhsd.org if your child is going to be missing any part of a school day so that the absence will be excused. This applies to both our in-person and virtual students. Please include the reason for absence in your email.
- We assume students will go home on the bus unless we receive a note indicating car or after care. If your child will be a car rider, drop off is from 8:25 to 8:45 and pick up starts at 2:45. Please do not start lining up until 2:20.
- The YMCA’s before and after school program is accepting students. More information is available on this flyer and on their website: ymcabucks.org
- School Lunch Program:
The New Hope-Solebury School District Food Service Department serves FREE lunch to all students. Extra items like water, chips and cookies will be available for purchase. We use myschoolbucks.com to manage lunch accounts for our students. Virtual students are also able to receive free meals. Meal distribution will be each Monday and Wednesday between the hours of 8-11am at the HS Theatre – 182 West Bridge St. Should a school holiday fall on a distribution day, we will adjust accordingly. If you have any questions, please reach out to Kim Keller, Food Service Director, email@example.com
- School Community Information
- The 9th Annual Robert Nagg Memorial Soccer Game and Fundraiser will be held in the HS stadium on Sunday, May 23rd from 4-7pm! Please come by to support the stadium fund and honor a brave teen who lost his battle with brain cancer far too young. Adult-sized shirts are available for sale in the LES office.
- Thank you all for your support of the St. Baldrick’s LES 2021 Team and our brave shavees!! The team raised over $5,600 for pediatric cancer research and the event exceeded its $200,000 goal! If you would like to purchase St. Baldrick’s swag, please check out this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/805084bacad229-stbaldricks7
- Intramural soccer through Solebury Soccer Club
- Science Explorers virtual after school program
Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or the school office if you have any questions. The LES office is open weekdays from 8-4. We can be reached at 215-297-5438 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our tech team is available at https://www.nhsd.org/Page/2200
Have a wonderful weekend!
To unsubscribe from this list write to: NHSSD-SIGNOFF-REQUEST@LISTSERV.NHSD.ORG